Monday, December 15, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to the North Shore Folk Sessions page!

I created this group because I saw a need in the area for more folk music. I am interested in Old-Time, Irish, Sea Chanties, Square Dancing, Clogging, English pub and folk songs, and more. It's my goal to bring more folk events to the North Shore over the coming months.

I thought a good place to begin would be an Old-Time jam.  I used to frequent the Salem Old-Time jam, but that has been on hiatus.  There are other sessions (Waltham, Somerville, I believe), but nothing close enough for us busy North Shore folks. The ball was put in my court to create a new jam, so here I am.

I have been in touch with the nice folks at the Flint Library in Middleton, and they have agreed to host our first jam.  I am reaching out to local schools who have string and guitar programs to try to recruit members of all ages.

More details to come!

Andy